Tuesday, March 3, 2009

How I've spent my time

Since Christmas, I've been on a bit of a sewing kick. I'm really enjoying it. It's nice to be able to make something and then use it right away. Here is what I've done so far:



This bag is Amy Butler's "Nappy Bag". I really like it and it was super easy to make. I did not put the cell phone pocket on the outside and only put pockets on one side of the inside. It's big enough for my stuff and the kids stuff.



A smock for my daughter, Ali. She LOVES it. I love the fabric. The pattern is from Bend the Rules Sewing.



A baby blanket for a friend. It is fleece on the inside with a barnyard print on the outside. It even has a hood in the corner. It's big enough to wrap my big four month old in, so most babies could use if for a while. It's from Amy Butler's Little Stitches for Little Ones. The book has you adding buttonholes to slip a tie through, but I'm leaving them off. I'm using the same barnyard fabric to make a changing pad for another friend.



A dress for Ali. This is my first clothes sewing venture in probably ten years. It's a Simplicity pattern from their Project Runway line. Ali's love purple right now, and she really likes the buttons on it. Go figure.



Another dress for Ali. This one uses the JoAnn's fabric that only requires one seam. I added the ribbons for some fun detail (and because I just can't give my two year old a strapless dress. I didn't have one until my wedding.)

My next project is this:
Another bag out of these fabrics....I've got lots of other things in the wings; we'll see. I have to start Ali's Snow White dress before too long!

No comments: